Wednesday 25 July 2007

Colorado and Agent X

I was really lucky to run into Mike, who was so kind to put me up for a few days, and teach me to change a tire and of course to get my high altitude off road training!
Mike went across the Aussie outback a few years ago on an 1150GS so knows a bit about off road! We also had the intervention of lady luck in finding Dylan, I had originally planned to meet up with Dylan after the wisconsin rally, but things got a bit messed up, in CO we got oil for my bike and decided to go on an off road run! bad idea. the oil fell off the bike and burst, so we had to go back and get more! on our way into the shop and who pulls up only Dylan, who had seen two GS's going in .. CO from NY .. a bit away from Home, and too wierd to pass up, so now he has been initiated as a new agent, and we are going to ride to AZ together. !

My first water crossing was on the way up Hagerman Pass, i also nearly put the bike off the cliff. . valualble lesson, always look where you want to go! especially when off roading! it was quiet comical, and you should have seen my face afterwards, completely brown from sucking in the dust from Mikes tyres!

No comments: