Monday 30 July 2007

Pheonix Tango and Shooting!

Well now i am resting up in the Church at La Habra outside Los Angles with my Uncle Justin. Went to the beach today and its looking like Knox Berry theme park tomorrow. But first i must fill in the last few days. After my night ride with Dylan across the desert i checked into a cheap motel for a night. I met these great people Jack and Jen in phoenix and they put my up for the next night, but AZ is just far to hot so i had to bail over to the coast!
My bike clocked 46 degrees C on the way over, that is 117 faranheit! it is like an oven! But Pheonix was fun. I took a dancing class in tango and samba! so now i know a few basic moves for when i get down south! PBH you were so right, it is actually a lot of fun! Also i fired my first gun ever. Went shooting in the Desert with Jack, Jackson, and Killian. We set up some targets, and i got to grips firing a 45 pistol and a rifle, must be beginners look but i hit a few of the targets first time! It was a laugh, but they were so loud, and guns still scare me! think i will stay away for the rest of the trip.
Phoenix doenst really wake up until the evening until it cools down alittle, but i did find another Irish pub to add to my list, this one was called Rula Bula, No great as pubs go, it was lively enough but really i think it tries too hard, certainly did not have the atmosphere and the welcomenss of Hurleys in Montreal!
Not much more to report from AZ so i split over to the coast. After my swim today in the lovely warm Pacific at Huntington Beach I can say i bikes Coast to Coast in the US. In a few days I stride forth to Mexico and beyond!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kevin,
Wish i would have had the opportunity to meet you while you were here in San DIego. You have seen some amazing places in the states and your journey looks incredible!! I now ride an RT1200. Love it. For the off roading I have switched to ATV's and my toy hauler fifth wheel for now but will do another GS soon. Enjoy the rest of you tour and please add me to your blog updates. Always cool to see new places, even if through the eyes of someone else. My family is orginally from Cork, but that is several generations ago.

Dave Moore
Sn Diego

kevin Foley said...

heya man, seems i missed ya, had breakfast with some of the club in San Diego on the Friday, but in Mulenge Baja now. Keep up with the blog, think you can sign up for updates but dont know how. Will have to update it in a day or so,!

Pooh said...

And Tango is a seriously difficult dance too!