Thursday 9 August 2007

LA

California was a lot of fun. First few days I rested up at the Rectory in La Habra, where I did some reorganisation of the bikes luggage and packed a few pieces off home. Again like in other places met some wonderful people, who were really too kind to me. So after breakfast on my second day I got taken to Knotts Berry Farm Fun Park. Some of those rides were amazing, and considerably faster than the bike. Think my favourite was the freefall from the top of a tower, or another ride called the perilous plunge, which drops almost vertically into a water slide, I got soaked!
My visit also included a visit to Huntington Beach where the US open surf championships were also on. As a side show there was an X games motocross event on the beach. Those guys were class, jumping little motocross scramblers 30 feet up in the air off ramps, somersaulting and then landing again. Didn’t see any falls, but I was waiting for it. Apart from that I spent my time relaxing, chatting with people and making more contacts for the Central American part of my journey.

No comments: