Tuesday 14 August 2007

the bike

by now the bike has done more than 9000 miles and is going great. I still have not used the knoblie Continental TKC80's which I have brought half way across the world. But have changed the rear wheel once, for a Meztler Tourance as the Dunlop was not holding up well in the heat. After that the oil has been changed and that with the new indicator after i crashed in Wyoming is about it.
I did add a few modifications to the bike, the luggage is from the GS Adventure, I changed the air filter for a K&N, Also added were BMW engine bars and a front suspension hard part from Touratech. I may still add a radiator and headlamp protector when i get to the next dealership, but that will be it.
The bike is doing between 48 and 55 miles per gallon fully loaded so fuel economy is good. But i am carrying an extra tank to give a comfort on the range!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

on the road...yeahhh....abraços do Brasil

Leticia said...

Wow, Kevin. I am glad you got to enjoy Baja, not just TJ like me. Makes me want to go back! God bless! Leticia from OLG